    Subjectswsusp / suspend2 reliability (was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: Suspend2 - Request for review & inclusion in -mm)
    Hi!

    > > uswsusp is a great idea, really.. I love it.. but suspend2 is here, it
    > > works, it's stable and it's now. Why continue to deprive the mainstream of
    > > these features because "uswsusp should".. as yet it doesn't.. and when it
    > > does then we can phase out the currently stable, working alternative that
    > > has all these features that uswsusp _will_ have, after it's had them for a
    > > year or so and its been proven stable. Not only that, I'll be happy to
    > > migrate over to it. Until then however, you can pry suspend2.. cold,
    > > dead.. blah blah..
    >
    > Given the above explanation, it's obvious that I'm an outside watcher now,
    > but if swsusp2 success rate is clearly higher than the standard version,
    > then I'd also strongly advocate this direction since, quite frankly,

    I do not think suspend2 works on more machines than in-kernel
    swsusp. Problems are in drivers, and drivers are shared.

    That means that if you have machine where suspend2 works and swsusp
    does not, please tell me. I do not think there are many of them.

    Pavel