    SubjectRe: [git pull] Input update for 2.6.17

    On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Greg KH wrote:
    > Yes, if you have the UHCI driver loaded first, then when EHCI is loaded,
    > it disconnects everything on the bus and re-enumerates it.
    > But EHCI is built into the kernel first, before UHCI, so unless you are
    > using modules, nothing should be getting disconnected at boot time.

    Yeah, that's not it.

    It _seems_ to be triggered by this:

    Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
    Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
    usb 5-1: USB disconnect, address 2
    usb 5-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
    Bluetooth: HCI USB driver ver 2.9
    usbcore: registered new driver hci_usb

    > I really doubt you are using modules, so I don't know why it would be
    > disconnected.

    I'm actually using modules for the "don't care" things, like bluetooth.
    But yeah, UHCI/EHCI are compiled-in.

    > What does the kernel log show right before this happened?
    > Any chance to enable CONFIG_USB_DEBUG?

    Will try.

    Sadly, grub is buggered on this machine (it's the mac mini) and I can't
    switch kernels around easily, so when a kernel fails to boot, I have to go
    into the rescue-CD thing etc. That makes it a bit painful.

    But I've got netconsole to capture the logs, at least ;)

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.028 / U:184.724 seconds]