SubjectRe: [Suspend2-devel] Re: Suspend2 - Request for review & inclusion in -mm
On 6/27/06, Andreas Mohr <andi@rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de> wrote:
> Hi,

> > >uswsusp should be able to match suspend2's speed. It can do async I/O,
> > >etc...
> >
> > ARGH!
> >
> > And the next version of windows will have all the wonderful features that
> > MacOSX has now so best not upgrade to Mac as you can just wait for the
> > next version of windows.
> >
> > suspend2 has it *now*. It works, it's stable.

I'm not sure it's a reason for it to go in, but the truth is suspend2
does work in more cases, ime. uswsusp is alpha(?) swsusp doesn't work
(for me in most cases), suspend-to-ram doesn't work (probably even
less cases than swsusp), suspend2 works. It's working status for more
of the userbase should (hopefully) be a concideration.
--
avuton