    SubjectRe: CONFIG_PM_TRACE corrupts RTC

    On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > Oh, I thought it found some spare space in there somehow.

    I really tried. The fact is, the RTC chips have at least 114 bytes of
    NVRAM available in them, and most have more. Sadly, while from a hw
    standpoint it's non-volatile, the firmware I was testing with cleared it
    all (including the extended banks etc).

    > Making it `default y' was a bit unfriendly. How's about `default n' and
    > `depends on EMBEDDED'?

    We can certainly make it 'default n', and perhaps hide it behind
    EXPERIMENTAL (it's not really, but hey..). Not EMBEDDED, though, this is
    literally meant to help random people who have a dead machine on suspend
    be able to just turn this on, test suspend, and then when suspend causes a
    dead machine, just turn off power and reboot immediately again, and it
    will tell you which device was the last one to go through the resume

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.022 / U:21.096 seconds]