    SubjectRe: [discuss] Re: [RFC] Whitelist chipsets supporting MSI and check Hyper-transport capabilities
    On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 06:27:45PM -0400, Brice Goglin wrote:
    > Greg KH wrote:
    > > No, I don't want a whitelist, as it will be hard to always keep adding
    > > stuff to it (unless we can somehow figure out how to put a "cut-off"
    > > date check in there).
    >
    > My second patchset (Improve MSI detection v2) uses "PCI-E vs non-PCI-E"
    > as a cut-off "date". After reading all what people said in this thread,
    > I still think it is a good compromise (and very simple to implement) if
    > we blacklist PCI-E and whitelist non-PCI-E chipsets.

    No, that's not fair for those devices which do not have PCI-E and yet
    have MSI (the original ones, that work just fine...)

    Again, no "whitelist" please, just quirks to fix problems with ones that
    we know we have problems with, just like all other PCI quirks...

    thanks,

    greg k-h