    SubjectRe: [git pull] ieee1394 tree for 2.6.18
    On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 09:29:37PM +0200, Stefan Richter wrote:
    > Russell King wrote:
    > >On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 08:14:45PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > >>I want them to tell me what they are sending, so that _when_ I pull, I
    > >>can line up the result of that pull with the mail they sent, and I can
    > >>tell "ok, that's actually what the other side intended".
    > >
    > >Given that you've complained about me sending daily pull requests
    > >already, how do you intend folk to handle the situation where they've
    > >sent you a pull request, it's apparantly been ignored, and they update
    > >the tree from which you pull (maybe for akpm's benefit) and then you
    > >eventually get around to pulling it a couple of days later?
    > [...]
    >
    > I don't maintain git repos myself, but I'd say _branches_ or something
    > like that might be the way to go.

    The point was to try to establish when we could consider the tree from
    which we'd asked Linus to pull from as being sufficiently old that it
    would not be pulled from without another request being sent - or if it
    was pulled from, that we wouldn't get an email from Linus about the fact
    there was new stuff in there.

    --
    Russell King
    maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core