SubjectRe: [RFC] CPU controllers?
Mike Galbraith wrote:

> Scheduling contexts do sound useful. They're easily defeated though, as
> evolution mail demonstrates to me every time it's GUI hangs and I see
> that a nice 19 find is running, eating very little CPU, but effectively
> DoSing evolution nonetheless (journal). I wonder how often people who
> tried to distribute CPU would likewise be stymied by other resources.

We do a lot with diskless blades. Basically cpu(s), memory, and network
ports.

For this case, cpu, memory, and network controllers are sufficient.
Even just cpu gets you a long way, since mostly we're not IO-intensive
and we generally have a pretty good idea of memory consumption.

Chris

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans