    SubjectRe: [RFC] CPU controllers?
    Mike Galbraith wrote:

    > Scheduling contexts do sound useful. They're easily defeated though, as
    > evolution mail demonstrates to me every time it's GUI hangs and I see
    > that a nice 19 find is running, eating very little CPU, but effectively
    > DoSing evolution nonetheless (journal). I wonder how often people who
    > tried to distribute CPU would likewise be stymied by other resources.

    We do a lot with diskless blades. Basically cpu(s), memory, and network

    For this case, cpu, memory, and network controllers are sufficient.
    Even just cpu gets you a long way, since mostly we're not IO-intensive
    and we generally have a pretty good idea of memory consumption.

      Last update: 2006-06-19 20:24    [W:0.063 / U:106.672 seconds]