    SubjectRe: NFSv3 client reordering RENAMEs
    Janne Karhunen wrote:

    >On Thursday 15 June 2006 19:05, Peter Staubach wrote:
    >

    >>>Possibly .. if someone first acks that this indeed would be
    >>>considered as bug and not as a feature :/
    >>>

    >>Yes, I believe that this would be considered to be a bug...
    >>

    >Looks that this is a vendor kernel issue, couldn't get it to
    >barf on mainline. Without any more knowledge of the extent
    >of the problem testcase attached. Given that you suffer from
    >the problem you should occasionally see files vanishing.

    Although this is a little timing dependent, it mostly should work. How
    long does it need to run before failures will be seen? I have been running
    it for about half an hour and it seems to be operating as I expected.

    I would suggest reporting this issue to your vendor and see what they
    have to say.

    Thanx...

    ps

      Last update: 2006-06-16 15:49    [W:0.038 / U:0.648 seconds]