SubjectRe: NFSv3 client reordering RENAMEs
Janne Karhunen wrote:

>On Thursday 15 June 2006 19:05, Peter Staubach wrote:
>

>>>Possibly .. if someone first acks that this indeed would be
>>>considered as bug and not as a feature :/
>>>

>>Yes, I believe that this would be considered to be a bug...
>>

>Looks that this is a vendor kernel issue, couldn't get it to
>barf on mainline. Without any more knowledge of the extent
>of the problem testcase attached. Given that you suffer from
>the problem you should occasionally see files vanishing.

Although this is a little timing dependent, it mostly should work. How
long does it need to run before failures will be seen? I have been running
it for about half an hour and it seems to be operating as I expected.

I would suggest reporting this issue to your vendor and see what they
have to say.

Thanx...

ps

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans