    SubjectRe: ON/OFF control of taskstats accounting data at do_exit

    > For that reason, i think exposing the switch at sysfs is not a good
    > idea. Instead, /etc/init.d/taskstats script would be right for
    > this purpose. At kernel side, we would need to make this possible.

    When you say we need to make this possible at the kernel side, do you
    want the kernel not to accumulate taskstats in the do_exit() path
    (avoid calling fill_xxxx routines) if there are no listeners
    on TASKSTATS_LISTEN_GROUP? As Shailabh, mentioned sending out does not
    happen if there are no listeners.

    --

    Balbir Singh,
    Linux Technology Center,