SubjectRe: SO_REUSEPORT and multicasting
--- Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@linux01.gwdg.de> wrote:
> >Does the kernel support SO_REUSEPORT?
>
> IIRC no, *BSD being the only one(s) I know of.
>
> > If so can
> >anyone give me some suggestions why my program does
> >not work on Linux? I did a route add -net
> 224.0.0.0/4
> >dev eth0 but that did not do anything.
> >
> Have you bound to a multicast group in your program?

If BSD supports it why can't Linux?

Yes. My code works great on HP-UX but does nothing on
Linux. It will not compile because it can't find
SO_REUSEPORT. I don't have the exact error message at
hand, but I could send it if it would help. If I
switch to SO_REUSEADDR the code compiles but the
server does not receive anything.

Thanks,