    SubjectRe: VGER does gradual SPF activation (FAQ matter)
    On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 23:05 -0400, Horst von Brand wrote:
    > Bernd Petrovitsch <bernd@firmix.at> wrote:
    [...]
    > > Use secure authenticated mail submission on a known good MTA of said
    > > domain (and even the smallest ISP should be able to set that up).
    >
    > So what? What should me make me trust some domain that I've never before

    Well, so everyone can send email through an MTA (the email accounts
    "home MTA") covered in the SPF records.

    > heard of is correctly set up? No, "package it up so the dumbest admin on

    What makes you believe that the domains you heard of are setup
    correctly?
    Of course for some/several/many of them you know (because you or
    trustfully people administrate them or the domain setup look like sane
    to the rest of the world), but for other (including "well known")
    domains and in the long run?

    If the point was: "We want tolerate ill-adminned domains."
    That depends on the error hypotheses and which ill behaviour one wants
    to tolerate ......

    > Earth can set it up" helps not an iota, they sure will.

    I'm not designing (or propagating) anything for dumb admins (they will
    screw up anything anyways and an admin knows per definition what s/he is
    doing) but it is enough for sane (but also overloaded - so it should not
    be too much of a hassle) admins.

    Bernd
    --
    Firmix Software GmbH http://www.firmix.at/
    mobil: +43 664 4416156 fax: +43 1 7890849-55