    > From: Phil Oester <>
    > Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 17:11:01 -0700
    > > On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 12:06:52AM +0200, Jesper Juhl wrote:
    > > > Making subscription to LKML a requirement would be a major barier for
    > > > people who just want to shoot off a bug report or similar but who do
    > > > not want to be subscribed (nor can be botherd to go through the
    > > > motions to subscribe, or perhaps can't work out how to subscribe)...
    > > > We want users to be able to submit bugreports to the list easily.
    > >
    > > The rejection sent to non-subscribers could point them to a website
    > > where they could submit a message via a webform (after correctly
    > > entering the contents of a CAPTCHA).
    > No way, too much work. If plain email doesn't work, people will
    > throw up their hands and say "why bother?" We don't want to do
    > one iota of something which will even possibly deter a bug report
    > because we need as much information about bugs as possible.

    I agree with you David. I had to report a bug to the NTP mailing list. I
    got it back right in my face because I had not subscribed. Then I went
    to thei bugzilla interface... What a counter-intuitive tool ! I was about
    to give up at least 3 times. It took me at least 15 minutes to find how I
    could report my bug and provide the patch in a usable form. I'm really
    sure that a lot of bug reports get lost because of this !

    I'd rather get a few spams on LKML than lose bug reports because of
    discouraged users !

      Last update: 2006-06-13 06:22    [W:0.020 / U:5.460 seconds]