lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2006]   [Jun]   [13]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
Date
From
SubjectRe: 2.6.16-20, sdc sector size 0 reported
Gbakos,

The driver version you are running is not compatible with that kernel.
Please re-test with the in-kernel 3w-9xxx driver.

-Adam

On 6/13/06, Gaspar Bakos <gbakos@cfa.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A dual AMD opteron processor machine works fine with 2.6.12-3 kernel and 3ware
> drivers (2.26.03.015fw - release.).
> Updating the kernel to 2.6.16.20, retaining the same 3ware driver and having
> virtually the same kernel config as in 2.6.12-3 leads to the following
> messages at boot:
>
> Jun 13 12:12:47 dummy kernel: scsi4 : 3ware 9000 Storage Controller
> Jun 13 12:12:47 dummy kernel: 3w-9xxx: scsi4: Found a 3ware 9000 Storage Controller at 0xfc6df800, IRQ: 185.
> Jun 13 12:12:47 dummy kernel: sdb10 > sdb4
> Jun 13 12:12:47 dummy kernel: sd 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi disk sdb
> Jun 13 12:12:47 dummy kernel: XFS mounting filesystem md1
> Jun 13 12:12:47 dummy kernel: 3w-9xxx: scsi4: Firmware FE9X 2.06.00.009, BIOS BE9X 2.03.01.051, Ports: 8.
> Jun 13 12:12:47 dummy kernel: Vendor: Model: Rev:
> Jun 13 12:12:47 dummy kernel: Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 00
> Jun 13 12:12:47 dummy kernel: sdc : sector size 0 reported, assuming 512.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Any idea wdummy this could mean?
>
> Config is at: http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/~gbakos/5tahfc/
>
> Jun 13 12:12:47 dummy kernel: SCSI device sdc: 1 512-byte hdwr sectors (0 MB)
> Jun 13 12:12:47 dummy kernel: sdc: Write Protect is off
> Jun 13 12:12:47 dummy kernel: sdc: asking for cache data failed
> Jun 13 12:12:47 dummy kernel: sdc: assuming drive cache: write through
> Jun 13 12:12:47 dummy kernel: sdc : sector size 0 reported, assuming 512.
> Jun 13 12:12:47 dummy kernel: SCSI device sdc: 1 512-byte hdwr sectors (0 MB)
> Jun 13 12:12:47 dummy kernel: sdc: Write Protect is off
> Jun 13 12:12:47 dummy kernel: sdc: asking for cache data failed
> Jun 13 12:12:47 dummy kernel: sdc: assuming drive cache: write through
> Jun 13 12:12:47 dummy kernel: sdc: unknown partition table
>
> Cheers
> Gaspar
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
> the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
> More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
> Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
>
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/

\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2006-06-13 19:36    [W:0.024 / U:2.796 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site