SubjectRe: [discuss] x86_64: x86-64 mailing lists / posting patchkits / x86-64 releases
On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 01:07:54PM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> Some administrativa.
>
> In the last time I've posted all patches I sent to Linus
> at discuss@x86-64.org at least once. I did this because this list is relatively
> low volume and I tended to get some useful feedback from the people
> subscribed here.
>
> However I heard some rumours that I scared people away
> from the list with the many patches.
>
> I also planned to post patches more often to get better
> turnaround for reviews on changed patches.

> is mostly unused. If I moved the big patch floods over there,
> would the people who do reviews subscribe there? Please comment.

Given a choice I prefer one list for patches and discussion. Patches on a
separate list will eventually result in discussions of those patches on that
list, and might even leave out interested parties out of the ensuing discussion.
My 2c; If a separate patch list is needed for staging patches to mainline, it
could be something like mm-commits - a broadcast only list by the
maintainer.

Thanks,
Kiran

  Last update: 2006-06-13 01:34    [W:0.078 / U:2.620 seconds]