    SubjectRe: 2.6.17-rc5-mm1
    Roman Zippel wrote:
    > Hi,
    > On Thu, 1 Jun 2006, Martin J. Bligh wrote:
    >>Did you read the discussion that lead up to it? I thought that quite
    >>clearly described why such a thing was needed.
    > I did read it, what did I miss?

    So the point is to enable the performance-affecting debug options by
    default, but provide one clear hook to turn them all off, with a name
    that's consistent over time, so we can do it in an automated fashion.

    To me that means having clear name so people know which option to hook
    stuff under, and preferably not hiding stuff behind extra config options
    to make them harder to find. Maybe I've missed the point of what you
    were trying to do, but it seemed to not meet that.

      Last update: 2006-06-01 18:57    [W:0.018 / U:7.972 seconds]