SubjectRe: 2.6.17-rc5-mm1
Roman Zippel wrote:
> Hi,
> On Thu, 1 Jun 2006, Martin J. Bligh wrote:
>>Did you read the discussion that lead up to it? I thought that quite
>>clearly described why such a thing was needed.
> I did read it, what did I miss?

So the point is to enable the performance-affecting debug options by
default, but provide one clear hook to turn them all off, with a name
that's consistent over time, so we can do it in an automated fashion.

To me that means having clear name so people know which option to hook
stuff under, and preferably not hiding stuff behind extra config options
to make them harder to find. Maybe I've missed the point of what you
were trying to do, but it seemed to not meet that.