SubjectRe: 2.6.17-rc5-mm2
>Jan, the dwarf2 unwinder apparently fails if we call a NULL function.

That is expected behavior, as a NULL program counter (to the unwinder) means end-of-stack-frames. It can't do anything
in that case, so the only solution I see is to either
- not at all call the unwinder from trap.c if the instruction pointer before the first unwind is not within kernel
space, or
- force fall-through to the old logic if the first unwind attempt didn't yield a change to either rIP or rSP (implying
that in that case there was no unwind information found to start with).

What do you think?

Jan

  Last update: 2006-06-01 14:22    [W:0.156 / U:3.248 seconds]