    SubjectRe: Remove silly messages from input layer.
    On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 05:54:52PM +0200, Martin Mares wrote:
    > > I'd argue that anything that triggers that many false positives is worthless.
    >
    > Why do you think these are false positives? They usually report real
    > problems.

    Did you read my earlier posts?
    Users are seeing this *during boot*, before they've even pressed *ANY* keys.
    They're seeing it after pressing a *single* key.

    How on earth is "too many keys pressed" a useful message in this context?
    Yes, maybe their keyboard is crap, but what is the user to do?
    Go buy a new laptop because someone else has a utopian view on how hardware should be?

    > Unfortunately a significant fraction of keyboards is crappy
    > these days, but it's still good to know if the keyboard you are currently
    > testing is broken or not.

    When a user can't do *anything* about it, it's useless, and serves
    as nothing but a cause for concern. "Oh no, is my laptop dying?".

    Dave

    --
    http://www.codemonkey.org.uk