    SubjectRe: Remove silly messages from input layer.
    On Wed, 3 May 2006, Dave Jones wrote:

    > The latter message seems to trigger with certain keyboard switchers
    > and again, does nothing but confuse people.

    I rather think it's showing us there was a glitch when switching.

    I have a mechanical switch that sometimes produces this message, and every
    now and then, the keyboard loses its key repeat time/rate setting.
    It often happens when the switch is not turned quickly or firmly enough
    and in such a case I had the keyboard port lock up completely a few times.
    I think the kernel should report such a situation.

    If people are "confused" by valid error messages, they can use certain
    proprietary operating systems that hide the ugly truth from them. What's
    next, removing "access beyond end of device"? I want to stay informed if
    my mechanical switch produces glitches. There are electronic ones that

    It would be nice if kernel messages had a structure that allowed a
    verbosity setting, but until then, non-confused users want the
    information they can get.

    Regards, Nuri

      Last update: 2006-05-04 17:02    [W:0.019 / U:0.592 seconds]