    SubjectRe: Remove silly messages from input layer.
    On Thu, 4 May 2006, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

    > Also I don't understand what people have against this message, it's at
    > KERN_DEBUG level after all.

    I often type at the text console; and I like to see KERN_DEBUG messages;
    but I do NOT like to see kernel messages telling me I've mistyped - they
    don't hurt my pride, but they do mess up my screen.

    If I hit a wrong key, it's normal for that wrong key to be echoed, not a
    kernel message saying "Are you sure you didn't want to hit another key?".
    If I don't hit a key hard enough, it's normal for that key not to be
    echoed. So why, if I happen to hit a combination of keys by mistake,
    do I get that wretched "too many keys pressed" message? The appropriate
    response is for what is accepted to be echoed, and that is all.

    I keep #ifdef ATKBD_DEBUG around both the messages Dave highlighted
    (but I forget when it was that I used to get the second one); the -mm
    tree has had the "too many keys" message commented out for many months.

    Hugh