SubjectQuestion about tcp hash function tcp_hashfn()

I needed a hash function (in my TCP related work) for
a project and happened to look at the function used by
TCP implementation in Linux. I searched for some
information about this function but couldn't find much
info. I would appreciate it if someone can provide
details or some pointers in this regard. Specifically,

1) Are there some design considerations/assumptions
behind the algorithm? In general, how was the
algorithm arrived at?

2) What happens if there are collisions? I am assuming
that each entry in the array will point to a linked
list of structures. Is there any limit on the length
of this list?

I hope it is ok to post questions like these on this
list. Please also CC me as I am not subscribed (at
this point).

Do You Yahoo!?

  Last update: 2006-05-31 06:32    [W:0.072 / U:0.192 seconds]