    SubjectSharing memory between kernel and user space
    I have a question about the best way to share memory between user and
    kernel space.

    Let's say I have a common structure;

    struct counter {
    u_long interrupt_counts;
    bool saw_interupt;
    }

    And I need to be able to modify these elements from both the kernel and
    user space. What is the best way to allocate this??? I've tried
    several methods including __get_free_pages, alloc_pages, vmalloc and so
    on; and thus far, I'm just confused myself.

    Can someone help me out here with a quick example of some sort???

    Thanks,

    :b!

    Brian D. McGrew { brian@visionpro.com || brian@doubledimension.com }
    --
    > This is a test. This is only a test!
    Had this been an actual emergency, you would have been
    told to cancel this test and seek professional assistance!