    SubjectSharing memory between kernel and user space
    I have a question about the best way to share memory between user and
    kernel space.

    Let's say I have a common structure;

    struct counter {
    u_long interrupt_counts;
    bool saw_interupt;

    And I need to be able to modify these elements from both the kernel and
    user space. What is the best way to allocate this??? I've tried
    several methods including __get_free_pages, alloc_pages, vmalloc and so
    on; and thus far, I'm just confused myself.

    Can someone help me out here with a quick example of some sort???

    Brian D. McGrew { || }
    > This is a test. This is only a test!
    Had this been an actual emergency, you would have been
    told to cancel this test and seek professional assistance!

      Last update: 2006-05-31 00:35    [W:0.020 / U:0.624 seconds]