SubjectRE: Long delay on bootup with wait_hwif_ready
Hi!

My "final conclusion" last time was, that there is some memory
area, that comes out too short in certain cases.
This is some early kernel boot code, that deals with the BIOS (and
confuses it, it seems, by running out the mentioned memory area).

As I understood, the kernel could be tweaked to increase/decrease
the problemtatic memory area (or the usage of it).

It is some kind of stack, heap or segment, I don't know, but somebody
mentioned it last time.

Regards,
David

PS: Feel free to ask me for testing patches ;-)
I still have the same PC (with a certain weird behavior lately,
I can't switch the IDE mode from "RAID" to "normal" ...)

  Last update: 2006-05-30 14:12    [W:0.046 / U:0.628 seconds]