SubjectRe: [RFC] Advanced XIP File System
> Can you explain a bit more?  If you aren't going to use the MTD, why
> rely on it at all?

I plan to could do 'mount -t axfs /dev/mtdblock2 /mnt/axfs' and use
the mtd to get the address to flash from map->cached or maybe
mtd->point. Personally I think this is a clean approach to mounting
this fs. Right now we do it like linear cramfs 'mount -t cramfs -o
physaddr=0xDEADBEEF /dev/null /mnt/axfs' and then map flash ourselves
with ioremap(). I'd like to enable a mode like this to in case you
don't have MTD. But I prefer the former.

> Have you done comparisons vs. squashfs at all? It does better at both
> performance and compression that cramfs, so I'm curious.

Haven't done any performance testing on squashfs. I did see some
compression analysis that basically showed that squashfs did compress
better but paid for that flash saving in extra RAM.

  Last update: 2006-05-03 07:08    [W:0.090 / U:0.048 seconds]