    SubjectRe: Asus K8N-VM Motherboard Ethernet Problem
    Marc Perkel wrote:
    > Is there a problem with the forcedeth driver not being compatible with
    > the Asus K8N-VM motherboard? I installed Fedora Core 5 and the Ethernet
    > doesn't want to work. I installed the latest FC5 kernel which is some
    > flavor og 2.6.16 and it still doesn't work. The FC4 CD and rescue disk
    > don't work either. Windows XP however does work so I know that hardware
    > is good.
    > lspci says the hardware is an nVidia MCP51 ethernet controller. What am
    > I missing?

    I had similar issues on A8N-VM. The device would stop working after some
    packets initially got through and would not recover.

    As I recall 'noapic' made it work reliably. nvidia has a linux binary
    driver for the chipset which you can try (you probably already use the
    binary video driver?).

    Eyal Lebedinsky ( <>
    attach .zip as .dat

      Last update: 2006-05-30 00:22    [W:0.021 / U:4.012 seconds]