SubjectRe: Asus K8N-VM Motherboard Ethernet Problem
On Sat, 2006-05-27 23:07:39 -0700, Marc Perkel <marc@perkel.com> wrote:
> Marc Perkel wrote:
[forcedeth not working correctly]
> Also - why is it that I can load a 3 year old version of Windows XP on
> this motherboad and it just work but I load a modern Linux Kernel and it
> can't find the Ethernet card?

That is either because Windows XP is totally superior to Linux, or
because the vendor (NVidia in this case) wrote a Windows driver, but
they didn't write something for Linux _and_ didn't publish any specs
for this ethernet controller. So it took some time to reverse
engineer the Windows driver...

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@lug-owl.de . +49-172-7608481 _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg _ _ O

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans