SubjectRe: [SCRIPT] chomp: trim trailing whitespace
Hi,

On Sat, 27 May 2006, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Well, git-stripspace actually does something slightly differently, in that
> it also removes extraneous all-whitespace lines from the beginning, the
> end, and the middle (in the middle, the rule is: two or more empty lines
> are collapsed into one).
>
> Ie it's a total hack for parsing just commit messages (and it is in C,
> because I can personally write 25 lines of C in about a millionth of the
> time I can write 3 lines of perl).

But there is no good reason not to add some code and a command line
switch, so that this tool with a very generic name actually performs what
a normal person would expect from that name.

Ciao,
Dscho

  Last update: 2006-05-28 12:02    [W:0.051 / U:0.804 seconds]