    SubjectRe: XFS write speed drop

    >> Well as mentioned, -o nobarrier solved it, and that's it. I do not
    >> actually need barriers (or an UPS, to poke on another thread), because
    >> power failures are rather rare in Germany.
    > Then there are mistakes like someone stepping on the power
    > cord, pulling out the wrong one, drilling holes in the wall,
    > there are kernel crashes, there is lightning,
    > there is the possibility that some
    > component inside the box just breaks.
    A mathematician has fear of flying because there could possibly be a
    terrorist bomb inside the plane. What does he do?
    Taking an bomb with himself, because the probablity that there are two
    bombs inside a plane is lower than one.

    What I am wanting to say is that the factors you mentioned just do not happen
    here, at this one - home - box.

    Jan Engelhardt

      Last update: 2006-05-26 10:54    [W:0.032 / U:2.856 seconds]