    SubjectRe: cannot load *any* modules with 2.4 kernel
    Before I build i do:

    Therefore it must be reading it first, sorry I should have mentioned
    this... just have done so much to try and get it to work I can't
    remember it all :)

    on the network yet :(

    I will answer all your detailed questions and rebuild the kernel, but it
    didn't have any revisions after names, I'll rebuild with that exact
    .config i posted after a make clean mrproper to ensure its installing
    the new kernel. Then I'll also try disabling modversion.

    Nick Warne wrote:
    > On 21/05/06, George Nychis <> wrote:
    >> Okay, so heres what I did. I downloaded modutils version 2.4.27 and
    >> extracted it to /usr/local/modutils
    >> Then in my 2.4.32 kernel's Makefile, I changed the DEPMOD variable to
    >> point to /usr/local/modutils/sbin/depmod
    > Well thats a half-arsed way to do it. The kernel makefile could be
    > using the new /usr/local/sbin/depmod and the system the old
    > /sbin/depmod /sbin/insmod /sbin/modprobe etc.
    > Just install the new modutils to /usr/local/ and then add
    > /usr/local/sbin to your $PATH _before_ /sbin etc. so it is read
    > first.
    > Nick

      Last update: 2006-05-21 16:44    [W:0.024 / U:5.384 seconds]