Subjectcannot load *any* modules with 2.4 kernel
Hi,

I boot two kernels, a 2.6.9 kernel and just recently built a 2.4.32 kernel

In the 2.4.32 kernel I have =y for:
CONFIG_MODULES
CONFIG_MODVERSIONS
CONFIG_KMOD

I then build my kernel, with some modules, install the modules, and boot
my 2.4.32 kernel successfully

when i do lsmod, it is completely empty, no modules are loaded. This
only happens for my 2.4.32 kernel though, modules load fine in 2.6.9

If i try to manually insert with insmod or modprobe, i get unresolved
external symbols for things that I am sure should be resolved... for
example, i get unresolved external symbol for printk

I'll give some other common unresolved smybols and maybe someone can
point me in the right direction of what else i need to specify to you
guys so that you can help me out further.

prinkt
add_timer
dev_mc_add
CardServices