SubjectNvidia legal to use by end-users?
Date
Hi,
Question: If I download and install the Nvidia graphics card drivers from
their site, am I violating the GPL as an end-user? I was thinking the the
GPL mainly covered what you are allowed or not allowed to do if you
distribute software. I ask because I saw on the OpenSuse site a statement to
the effect that OpenSuse would not ship Nvidia, Ati drivers because some
kernel developers consider them a violation of their copyrights.

Please CC any replies to dbedsole@carolina.rr.com

Thank you.

  Last update: 2006-05-18 22:53    [W:0.028 / U:4.324 seconds]