    SubjectRe: HELP! vfs_readv() issue
    Thank you for your care. What I am trying to do is to rewrite NFS in
    the virtual machine environment so that network communication can be
    replaced with inter-VM communication.

    But after I remove the original rpc stuff, I ran into some strange
    problem, including this one. Interesting thing is that I noticed that
    even with standard NFS implementation, it is still possible that
    nfsd_read() return resp->count to be 0. At this time, eof is also
    equal to 1. This seems to be right since NFSD already reach the end of
    the file. But question is since 0 byte is read this time, NFS should
    detect EOF in previous read. Why need one more read?

    On 5/16/06, Chris Wedgwood <> wrote:
    > On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 07:57:21PM -0400, Xin Zhao wrote:
    > > I am writing a file system, but vfs_read() sometimes return 0. What
    > > could cause this problem?
    > EOF?

      Last update: 2006-05-17 23:47    [W:0.056 / U:24.992 seconds]