    SubjectRe: [RFC] [Patch 7/8] statistics infrastructure - exploitation prerequisite
    Andrew Morton wrote:

    >Martin Peschke <> wrote:
    >>need sched_clock for latency statistics
    >sched_clock() probably isn't suitable for this application. It's a
    >scheduler thing and has a number of accuracy problems.
    >But I thought we discussed this last time around? Maybe not.
    >Maybe you've considered sched_clock()'s drawbacks and you've decided
    >they're all acceptable. If so, the changelog should have described the

    Yeah; please, no more users of sched_clock(). Definitely don't export.

    Even if it is what you want today (which it probably isn't), the scheduler
    might want the ability to change it at short notice, depending on new
    algorithms / new hardware etc. in future.

    Make a new function if none of the suggested alternatives work.

      Last update: 2006-05-17 04:35    [W:0.019 / U:88.900 seconds]