SubjectRe: [RFC: 2.6 patch] fs/jbd/journal.c: possible cleanups
Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 12:27 -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > - remove the following unused EXPORT_SYMBOL's:
> > > - journal_set_features
> > > - journal_update_superblock
> >
> > These might be used by lustre - dunno.
> >
> > But I'm ducking all patches which alter exports, as usual. If you can get
> > them through the subsystem maintainer then good luck.
> >
> > I'd suggest that we pursue the approach of getting the module loader to
> > spit a warning when someone uses a going-away-soon export.
> >
> > Arjan had a patch which did that, but he removed basically _every_
> > presently-unused export.
>
> NOT IN THE SAME PATCH!

I noticed.

> I made the infrastructure a very nicely separate patch.... and I thought
> I explained that to you as well ;(

You did. I was referring to the EXPORT_SYMBOL patches.

I don't think we should take the scattergun approach here. Get the
infrastructure merged, then methodically work the EXPORT_SYMBOL patches
with the various maintainers.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans