SubjectRe: [RFC: 2.6 patch] fs/jbd/journal.c: possible cleanups
Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de> wrote:

> - remove the following unused EXPORT_SYMBOL's:
> - journal_set_features
> - journal_update_superblock

These might be used by lustre - dunno.

But I'm ducking all patches which alter exports, as usual. If you can get
them through the subsystem maintainer then good luck.

I'd suggest that we pursue the approach of getting the module loader to
spit a warning when someone uses a going-away-soon export.

Arjan had a patch which did that, but he removed basically _every_
presently-unused export. I don't think we should do that. If we're
exporting, for example, the kthread API and we happen to notice that
kthread_bind() isn't presently used by any modules then I don't believe it
makes much sense to unexport kthread_bind(). It makes more sense to export
the kthread API as a whole.

  Last update: 2006-05-16 21:31    [W:0.074 / U:0.844 seconds]