SubjectRe: [RFT] major libata update
Andrew Morton wrote:
> I'd be a little concerned with that merge plan at this time - we have a lot
> of sata bug reports banked up and afaict a pretty low fixup rate. Then
> again, these patches might fix some of those bugs...
>
> I guess if we can get it all in early (which is only a couple of weeks
> away!) and you and Tejun will have time set aside to work on problems then
> OK. But....

As you can see from the list just sent, the improved error handling will
give libata much greater ability to diagnose "controller is being weird"
type situations, which is a lot of what the relevant bug reports need.

After reviewing those bug reports, I see a couple oopses -- caused by
BUG()-style code, and fixed in this update -- and one data corruption
which persists on Sil 311x on rare motherboards. The rest are either
addressed with the improved error handling, or are ATAPI + VIA AFAICS.

Jeff

  Last update: 2006-05-15 20:17    [W:0.205 / U:1.836 seconds]