SubjectRe: Which process context does /sbin/hotplug run in?
Date
On May 12, 2006, at 14:20, Rob Landley wrote:
> Anybody know this one? Now that filesystem namespaces are per-
> process, and move/bind mounts let us have cycles in our trees,

Actually; it doesn't. Your example below looks like this:
> mount -t tmpfs /tmp /tmp
> cd /tmp
> mkdir sub
> mount --bind sub /var
> cd /var
> mkdir sub2
> mount --move /tmp sub2

/
/var
/var/sub
/var/sub2
/var/sub2/sub
/var/sub2/sub2

The recursion ends there. Basically with the first bind mount you
attach the same instance of tmpfs to /tmp and /var, then you move the
tmpfs from /tmp to the "/sub2" directory in the "/var" tmpfs
_mountpoint_. It's kind of confusing behavior; but the directory
tree and the mount tree are basically kind of separate entities in a
sense.

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett

definition, not smart enough to debug it.
-- Brian Kernighan