SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] libata: new EH, NCQ, hotplug and PM patches against stable kernel
Stefan Smietanowski wrote:
> Randy.Dunlap wrote:
>>> * New error handling
>>> * IRQ driven PIO (from Albert Lee)
>>> * SATA NCQ support
>>> * Hotplug support
>>> * Port Multiplier support
>>
>> BTW, we often use PM to mean Power Management.
>> Could we find a different acronym for Port Multiplier support,
>> such as PMS or PX or PXS?
>
> Ok, maybe not PMS ?
>
> Can you imagine a bug report from someone that "has problem with PMS"?
> :)

Would be fun though. :)

I thought about using another acronym for port multiplier too. But the
spec uses that acronym all over the place, PM, PMP (Port Multiplier
Portnumber), which reminds me of USB full/high speed fiasco.

Urghh... I thought we could use power for power management inside libata
but that might be a bad idea. So, PMS?

--
tejun