SubjectRe: [BUG 2.6.17-git] kmem_cache_create: duplicate cache scsi_cmd_cache

On Fri, 12 May 2006, Russell King wrote:

> Great, I'm fucked by the SCSI folk again.

No, you introduced a regression. This isn't the SCSI layer being evil,
this is the "regressions aren't acceptable".

Fixing one bug and introducing another is actively _worse_ than having the
same bug stay around.

> Can we revert the patch which broke the MMC/SD layer - the one which
> added the mount/unmount hotplug events as well then.
>
> That way we get back to a working MMC/SD layer as well as a working
> SCSI layer.

That's certainly the logical fix - push the pain up the chain to the
person who introduced it. Which commit is that, do you know?

Really, the added ref-count should be gotten by whoever holds on to the
thing, and it sounds like it's the hotplug event that caused this and
should have held on to its hotplug reference.

Greg added to the Cc: list in case he already knows off-hand which commit
it is..

Linus

  Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.214 / U:0.268 seconds]