    SubjectRe: rt20 patch question
    On Thu, 11 May 2006, Mark Hounschell wrote:

    You can also try just

    # echo t > /proc/sysrq-trigger

    > dmesg only shows the BUGs. I have nothing connect to my serial port. I
    > certainly can if I need to.

    Sometimes a serial capture is easier to log, but you don't really need to
    do it. That's up to you.

    > When finally the network connection closes all my threads must be in
    > fairly good shape because if I simply restart the network software
    > inside the emulation I'm good to go again.

    Hmm, I'm starting to think that this is not really a problem with the -rt
    implementation, and my earlier patch to turn off the BUG dump, is OK.

    What RT prio is the network interrupt at?

    What seems to be happening is that the vortex_timer is going off while the
    interrupt is running. Hence the disable_irq fails and schedules.

    Perhaps the interrupt thread has been preempted by some high priority task
    and causes it to lose a connection.

    Yeah that task output would be helpful to see if you can get it to work.
    Also can you show us the output of /proc/interrupts so we know which
    threads are associated to the network card interrupt, and see where they
    are.

    -- Steve

      Last update: 2006-05-11 15:57    [W:0.021 / U:0.836 seconds]