SubjectRe: geode sc1200 2D graphics acceleration
From
On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 03:26:14PM +0200, Carlos Ojea Castro wrote:
> I am drawing some graphics (a group of lines) using DirectFb in a
> geode sc1200 (kernel 2.4).
> I discovered that when I disable 2D hardware acceleration (by changing
> '/root/.directfbrc' and '/etc/directfbrc') it is FASTER than drawing
> with 2D hardware acceleration enabled.
>
> Can't figure why. Any ideas?

Could it be related to the video on the sc1200 being emulated by SMI (at
least as far as I understand things)? Perhaps the acceleration simply
makes the BIOS/SMI stuff go do all the work, while with no acceleration,
the kernel writes all the bits directly, which is more efficient than
the BIOS/SMI emulation? I think that is how the VSA stuff works on
those systems at least. I have VGA disabled on the boards I use here,
so all I know is that the video is very slow on these systems when I
tried it once, and since I don't have a use for it, I disabled it.

Len Sorensen

  Last update: 2006-05-11 18:28    [W:0.862 / U:0.828 seconds]