    SubjectRe: [RFC: 2.6 patch] kernel/sys.c: possible cleanups
    Arjan van de Ven <> wrote:
    > > If removing exports requires a process, adding exports requires a
    > > similar process.
    > alternatively we should bite the bullet, and just stick those 900 on the
    > "we'll kill all these in 3 months" list, have a thing to disable them
    > now via a config option (so that people actually notice rather than just
    > having them in the depreciation file) and fix the 5 or 10 or so that
    > actually will be used soon in those 3 months.

    I'd instead suggest that we implement a new EXPORT_SYMBOL_UNEXPORT_SCHEDULED
    (?) and use that. Suitable compile-time and modprobe-time warnings would
    be needed. Put the unexport date in a comment at the
    EXPORT_SYMBOL_UNEXPORT_SCHEDULED site or even in the modprobe-time warning
    message, if that's convenient:

      Last update: 2006-05-01 09:58    [W:0.027 / U:2.704 seconds]