SubjectRe: RT task scheduling
On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 12:51:41PM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> no, i'm discussing precisely the point you raised:

Oh boy.

> with the observation that 1) binding is already possible [so your
> suggestion is apparently knocking on open doors] 2) binding is a
> separate mechanism (not adequate for all workloads) and it is thus
> orthogonal to what i'm trying to achieve with the "RT overload" stuff.
> Really simple and straightforward observations i think.

This is going to take some time to get the terminology right. It's
late now and I'll have to continue this tomorrow.

First thing's first, SCHED_FIFO_GLOBAL for what you want in the main
line is the same thing as SCHED_FIFO in -rt, right ?

  Last update: 2006-04-07 13:17    [W:0.206 / U:4.312 seconds]