SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE][RFC] PlugSched-6.3.1 for 2.6.16-rc5
Al Boldi wrote:

> The default values for spa make it really easy to lock up the system.
> Is there a module to autotune these values according to cpu/mem/ctxt
> performance?

Jake Moilanen had a genetic algorithm autotuner for Zaphod at one time
which I believe he ported over to PlugSched (as he said he was going
to). However, I remove the per run queue statistics that he used to use
some time ago and he hasn't complained so I've assumed that he's given
up on it. I've CC'd him on this mail so he may tell you what's happening.

I could generate a patch to gather the statistic again and make them
available via /proc if you would like to try a user space version of
Jake's work (his was in kernel).

Peter
PS The reason that I removed the stats gathering is that they add
overhead which is undesirable if they're not being used so if I put them
back it would probably be as a build configurable option.
--
Peter Williams pwil3058@bigpond.net.au

-- Ambrose Bierce