    SubjectRe: Fw: 2.6.16 crashes when running numastat on p575

    On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, Nathan Lynch wrote:

    > In this case, disabling preempt around the for_each_online_cpu loop
    > would prevent any cpu from going down in the meantime. But since this
    > function doesn't look like it's a hot path, and we're potentially
    > traversing lots of zones and cpus, lock_cpu_hotplug might be preferable.
    >
    > As Paul noted, the fix as it stands isn't adequate.

    There are many other for_each_*_cpu loops in the kernel that do not have
    any of the instrumentation you suggest. I suggest you come up with a
    general solution and then go through all of them and fix this. Please be
    aware that many of these loops are performance critical.

      Last update: 2006-04-03 19:45    [W:0.020 / U:62.068 seconds]