    Subjectbetter leve triggered IRQ management needed
    I am seeing repeated problems with misconfigured systems that have shared IRQ
    devices configured for edge-triggered. Also, network devices using NAPI won't
    work reliably on edge-triggered IRQ's. The kernel IRQ architecture doesn't
    have sufficient information to detect this at boot time.
    We should fail request_irq() if the SA_SHIRQ but the irq is edge-triggered.

    Right now the concept of level vs edge triggered is buried in things like ELCR for old
    PIC, and other stuff for IO-APIC. There is a IRQ_LEVEL flag in the descriptor field
    but nothing sets it or uses it.

    Haven't even looked at non i386 arch's but probably even more confusion there.

      Last update: 2006-04-24 20:43    [W:0.034 / U:24.244 seconds]