    SubjectRe: Van Jacobson's net channels and real-time
    Ingo Oeser wrote:
    > Hi Jörn,
    > On Saturday, 22. April 2006 13:48, Jörn Engel wrote:
    >> Unless I completely misunderstand something, one of the main points of
    >> the netchannels if to have *zero* fields written to by both producer
    >> and consumer.
    > Hmm, for me the main point was to keep the complete processing
    > of a single packet within one CPU/Core where this is a non-issue.
    But the interrupt for a packet can be received by cpu 0 whereas the rest
    of processing proceeds on cpu 1; so it still helps to keep the producer
    index and consumer index on separate cachelines.

      Last update: 2006-04-23 11:26    [W:0.019 / U:25.024 seconds]