    SubjectRe: kfree(NULL)
    Hua Zhong wrote:
    > > There is a judgement to be made at each call site of kfree
    >>(and similar functions) about whether the argument is rarely
    >>NULL, or could often be NULL. If the janitors have been
    >>making this judgement, I apologise, but I haven't seen them
    >>doing that.
    > Even if the caller passes NULL most of the time, the check should be removed.
    > It's just crazy talk to say "you should not check NULL before calling kfree, as long as you make sure it's not NULL most of the
    > time".

    It can reduce readability of the code [unless it is used in error path
    simplification, kfree(something) usually suggests kfree-an-object].

    If the caller passes NULL most of the time, it could be in need of

    I don't actually like kfree(NULL) any time except error paths. It is
    subjective, not crazy talk.

    SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.