    SubjectRe: unix socket connection tracking
    >>> I feel dumb as never so please enlight me. Is ther a way to find out which
    >>> process is on the other end of a unix socket pointed by a specified fd in a process.
    >> getpeer*()
    >getpeername(2) (that is the only man page I've got)
    Exactly. And if you do the same on another socket from another process, you
    can match up what sockets are connected.
    You always need to examine more than one process. (Unless the process talks
    to itself.)

    >That's not exactly what I want. Or even exactly not what I want. I want to learn
    >about sockets from a third person perspective. I've got a process which I can
    >strace(1), but nothing more, and I want to know who is it talking to.

    Jan Engelhardt

      Last update: 2006-04-21 16:14    [W:0.019 / U:47.264 seconds]