    SubjectRe: [patch 21/22] fix non-leader exec under ptrace
    On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 04:09:38PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
    > -stable review patch. If anyone has any objections, please let us know.

    I tried to reproduce the old bug but I failed, no matter how many
    patches I backout. However this isn't the -stable that was advertised
    initially if patches like this are merged, given that it's unclear if
    the old deadlock will come back or not. If I got an answer within a week
    and not with a delay of half year after I posted the fix for the
    deadlock we would be in a better shape, since perhaps I could still
    reproduce it somehow (I could reproduce it in a reasonable amount of
    time half an year ago). It's possible that scheduling and userland
    changes may have hidden the deadlock (the deadlock requires buggy
    userland and a sigsegv in gdb to reproduce, so if gdb is doing any
    better that could be hidding it). It's also possible that the bug was
    fixed in some other way, so I will try again after going back to the sp3
    codebase that shouldn't have changed *that* much.

    All details are in

      Last update: 2006-04-14 20:55    [W:0.040 / U:5.044 seconds]