SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE][RFC] PlugSched-6.3.1 for 2.6.16-rc5
Peter Williams wrote:
> Peter Williams wrote:
>> This version updates staircase scheduler to version 14.1 (thanks Con)
>> and includes the latest smpnice patches
>> A patch for 2.6.16-rc5 is available at:
>> <>
> and for 2.6.16-rc5-mm1 at:
> <>
>> Very Brief Documentation:
>> You can select a default scheduler at kernel build time. If you wish to
>> boot with a scheduler other than the default it can be selected at boot
>> time by adding:
>> cpusched=<scheduler>
>> to the boot command line where <scheduler> is one of: ingosched,
>> ingo_ll, nicksched, staircase, spa_no_frills, spa_ws, spa_svr, spa_ebs
>> or zaphod. If you don't change the default when you build the kernel
>> the default scheduler will be ingosched (which is the normal scheduler).
>> The scheduler in force on a running system can be determined by the
>> contents of:
>> /proc/scheduler
>> Control parameters for the scheduler can be read/set via files in:
>> /sys/cpusched/<scheduler>/
>> Peter

Now available for 2.6.16 at:

and 2.6.16-mm2 at:

Con and Nick,
I've taken the liberty of modifying staircase and nicksched (in the
2.6.16-mm2 version) to support priority inheritance. I'd appreciate it
if you could review the code?

Peter Williams

-- Ambrose Bierce