    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE][RFC] PlugSched-6.3.1 for 2.6.16-rc5
    Peter Williams wrote:
    > Peter Williams wrote:
    >> This version updates staircase scheduler to version 14.1 (thanks Con)
    >> and includes the latest smpnice patches
    >>
    >> A patch for 2.6.16-rc5 is available at:
    >>
    >> <http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/cpuse/plugsched-6.3.1-for-2.6.16-rc5.patch?download>
    >>

    > and for 2.6.16-rc5-mm1 at:
    >
    > <http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/cpuse/plugsched-6.3.1-for-2.6.16-rc5-mm1.patch?download>
    >

    >> Very Brief Documentation:
    >>
    >> You can select a default scheduler at kernel build time. If you wish to
    >> boot with a scheduler other than the default it can be selected at boot
    >> time by adding:
    >>
    >> cpusched=<scheduler>
    >>
    >> to the boot command line where <scheduler> is one of: ingosched,
    >> ingo_ll, nicksched, staircase, spa_no_frills, spa_ws, spa_svr, spa_ebs
    >> or zaphod. If you don't change the default when you build the kernel
    >> the default scheduler will be ingosched (which is the normal scheduler).
    >>
    >> The scheduler in force on a running system can be determined by the
    >> contents of:
    >>
    >> /proc/scheduler
    >>
    >> Control parameters for the scheduler can be read/set via files in:
    >>
    >> /sys/cpusched/<scheduler>/
    >>
    >> Peter

    Now available for 2.6.16 at:

    <http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/cpuse/plugsched-6.3.1-for-2.6.16.patch?download>

    and 2.6.16-mm2 at:

    <http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/cpuse/plugsched-6.3.1-for-2.6.16-mm2.patch?download>

    Con and Nick,
    I've taken the liberty of modifying staircase and nicksched (in the
    2.6.16-mm2 version) to support priority inheritance. I'd appreciate it
    if you could review the code?

    Thanks,
    Peter
    --