    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE][RFC] PlugSched-6.3.1 for 2.6.16-rc5
    Peter Williams wrote:
    > Peter Williams wrote:
    >> This version updates staircase scheduler to version 14.1 (thanks Con)
    >> and includes the latest smpnice patches
    >> A patch for 2.6.16-rc5 is available at:
    >> <>
    > and for 2.6.16-rc5-mm1 at:
    > <>
    >> Very Brief Documentation:
    >> You can select a default scheduler at kernel build time. If you wish to
    >> boot with a scheduler other than the default it can be selected at boot
    >> time by adding:
    >> cpusched=<scheduler>
    >> to the boot command line where <scheduler> is one of: ingosched,
    >> ingo_ll, nicksched, staircase, spa_no_frills, spa_ws, spa_svr, spa_ebs
    >> or zaphod. If you don't change the default when you build the kernel
    >> the default scheduler will be ingosched (which is the normal scheduler).
    >> The scheduler in force on a running system can be determined by the
    >> contents of:
    >> /proc/scheduler
    >> Control parameters for the scheduler can be read/set via files in:
    >> /sys/cpusched/<scheduler>/
    >> Peter

    Now available for 2.6.16 at:

    and 2.6.16-mm2 at:

    Con and Nick,
    I've taken the liberty of modifying staircase and nicksched (in the
    2.6.16-mm2 version) to support priority inheritance. I'd appreciate it
    if you could review the code?

    Peter Williams

    -- Ambrose Bierce

      Last update: 2006-04-03 14:22    [W:0.023 / U:120.124 seconds]